Home Forums Watson’s Daily Chat Will it be a happy ending for Netflix? Reply To: Will it be a happy ending for Netflix?

Disney has somehow managed to get their hand on so many key productions (Marvel, Lucasfilm, 21st Century Fox) that it is definitely worth it to get Disney+ as your favourite movie is likely on it. Their position is further strengthened by the fact that Marvel has many movies and tv-shows in line with their Phase Four productions.

I also did not agree with Netflix cancelling popular contemporary shows such as Patriot Act (which had such a loyal following – although there are some rumours that it was cancelled due to getting on the wrong side of certain countries). WIth contemporary/weekly shows, you definitely can get recurring views just by investing in one show and I don’t agree with it from a business point of view.

With the rest, I do feel there might be subscription fatigue and a likely winner from this might be Youtube because I think you can just buy the movies you want to watch – old school haha.