Home Forums Careers Questions What’s the hardest/weirdest question you’ve been asked at an interview? Reply To: What’s the hardest/weirdest question you’ve been asked at an interview?

Andrew Spencer

My most bizarre experience was the interviewer holding up various DIY tools and asking me how they worked. Needless to say, my interview preparation did not involve thinking about “how would you describe a wrench to someone who has never seen one before?” but it was an interesting exercise.

The hardest questions I received were:

“You say in your application you have high standards. Doesn’t that mean you will also have unrealistically high expectations of your teammates or become frustrated if you don’t think they are working to the same standards?”

“You mentioned that to manage client expectations it’s best to ‘under-promise and over-deliver’. I hear this a lot, but doesn’t this mean that you are essentially being dishonest to the client about their chances of success? Couldn’t giving a client a negative view of the case prevent them from pursuing a genuine chance of success?”

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Andrew Spencer. Reason: spelling